Eyelash extensions can be applied using two techniques:
1. Classic technique involves applying one extension to one natural lash.
2. Volume technique involves attaching a hand made fan
(2-8D thin & lightweight extensions) to one natural lash.
At BOLD we specialize in the volume technique, we only offer fullsets with the volume technique, As volume extensions compared to the classics extensions is an overall better experience.
-Refills are done every 2-4 weeks to keep your lashes looking full,
A refill is considered having 30% of the lash extensions remaining or a new full set needs to be applied.
First we'll explain what traditional classic lash extensions are. With the classic technique we can safely attach one eyelash extension to each of your single natural lashes. Generally doubling your thickness and length. The classic technique is great however the downfall is that the results are dependent on the amount of natural healthy lashes you have. Which can be disappointing if you don’t have many healthy natural lashes.
Example: If you have 100 natural lashes per eye ,we could only safely apply 100 eyelash extensions.
Now with the volume technique known as Volume Lashes, Russian Volume.
We are using safely thinner and lighter lash extensions which permit us to create a fuller, fluffier, longer wear and more flexible healthier application!
Example: it can range from 200-800 lashes per eye or more, depending on the look desired and your healthy natural lash state. The handmade fan is customized just for your natural lashes and look desired
Initial application can take 1.5 to 3 hours depending on the desired look.
CLASSIC VS VOLUME LASHES
Benefits Of Having Volume Lashes:
- ability to customize thickness with precision,
creating natural sets to much fuller bolder sets,
that classic extensions can't compare to.
- soft flexible lashes which are more comfortable, weightless and soft to touch.
- longer staying power due to the size of lash, technique used, flexibility and bond.
- ability to withstand humidity, sweat and water better than traditional technique (gym, hot yoga, sauna etc).
- ability to put up to 8 synthetic lashes on one natural lash ( varies on natural lash state).
- less noticeable gaps when extensions falls as they
are created in fans.
- Can create more intense darker, dramatic looks
(similar to those of a strip lash) if desired.
WE LOVE VOLUME
- No, with proper application and washing the lashes daily, you can wear extensions forever.
- When applied correctly eyelash extensions do not hurt your natural lashes or cause premature shedding.
- Our eyelashes have a natural cycle between 45 to 90 days, meaning each natural lash will shed and grow again. We usually lose about 1-5 a day, however everyone's experience will differ based on day to day lifestyle. This is why we have refills.
- At Bold we know the proper lengths and weight suitable for your natural lashes to prevent premature shedding and therefore will not ruin your natural lashes in anyway.
WILL EYELASH EXTENSIONS DAMAGE MY NATURL LASHES?
- Avoid applying any oil-based products around the eyes 24 hours prior to and after your appointment.
- Arrive with 100% clean lashes. No make up residue or products on the eyes.
- If you wear contacts, bring your case to remove them.
- Complete all water related tasks beforehand (showering, facials, etc) to avoid getting your lashes wet 24 hours after your application.
• Do not get your lashes wet in the first 24 hours.
• Avoid showering, steam rooms, facials, gym etc.. within the first day after the lash application.
• Daily washing is a MUST (even when not wearing makeup) with a OIL FREE cleanser to remove oils , make-up , bacteria build up during
the day etc.., to pro long the life of your extensions. This is very important, avoiding proper hygiene can result in an eye infection, pre-mature shedding, whether wearing eyelash extensions or not.
• Brush your lashes daily. DO NOT brush lashes when wet or after a sweaty hot activity, gently pat to dry lashes with a lint free cloth, air dry.
• Take off all traces of eye makeup every night with a OIL-FREE eye makeup remover. As not removing results in weaking the bond.
• Do not put mascara on your lash extensions. Avoid waterproof or hard to remove eye makeup (wax/silicone-based, creamy eyeshadows, etc). Water-base makeup, powders are best.
• Only use OIL FREE PRODUCTS. If using face serums/oils BE CAREFUL, even when going around the eyes, as it can still result in the product traveling down to the lash line threw out the day/night. To help wash hands after and don't touch face and rub eyelids.
• It is normal that both eyes shed the extensions differently.
• Try and sleep on your back to avoid crushing your extensions in the pillow. Change pillow case often to avoid build up of bacteria and products.
Silk pillow cases are best as it has less friction.
• Be careful when spraying hair or facial products, cover your lashes with one hand to protect them. Wash hands after. Don't touch your hair and then touch your lashes.
• Rinse your contact lens before putting them in with saline solution, as some contact lens solution are overly hydrating .
• Be careful not to melt/burn your lash extensions, when you smoke. Let the steam out of the oven and bbq first before reaching in.
As this can result in melting the tip of the lash extensions.
• Crying, allergy season, some medication/eye-drops can effect the retention-bond as well.
• Be gentle, do not rub your eyes , do not pick, pull, curl and play with your lashes.
HEALTHY LASHES = HAPPY EXTENSIONS
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
AFTER CARE & TIPS
- You are extremely sensitive and easily irritated by chemicals.
- You have previously experienced eye infections, allergic reactions, take certain oral medication or eye drops.
- You cannot control the urge to rub or constantly touch your eyes.
- You frequently experience watery eyes and uncontrollable tearing.
CONTACT US IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT BEING A GOOD LASH EXTENSION CANDIDATE. IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT ALLERGIC REACTIONS WE CAN PERFORM A GLUE TEST.